Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 1...

Starting weight...229#
Goal weight...179#
Goal by...Christmas

          Welcome to my weight loss blog! I created this page for a place for me to vent, celebrate, and a place to keep me honest with myself. I plan on logging any weight loss/gain, pictures, my food log and my exercise log. I know this is not going to be easy, but I have decided to put my mind to this and it is going to happen! In high school I was at my prime at 160# and I would love be back down to that size, but for now the goal is 50lbs by Christmas 2012! Even then I knew I could have lost weight, but I have let myself get totally out of control. I have hit some road blocks with some health problems which has been my worst nightmare. I just want to be happy with the way I look and feel good about myself again. It is the world's worst feeling putting on a pair of pants and having to struggle to get them on, or having a muffin top, or just simply looking in the mirror and hating what you see. I have saved some of my smallest pants and I will get back into them again :).In August I am off to the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana and would really like to shed some weight before that trip I am hoping for a least 20-25# by then!! I have close to 3.5 months, so I would be happy with 2# a week until then! I welcome all support and words of wisdom along my journey.

As for day 1,
Food:
Breakfast: Subway 6" flatbread, ham, egg whites, provolone cheese, spinach, onion, green pepper, and sweet onion sauce.
Snacks: Cliff bar- chocolate chip peanut crunch, 3 Quaker white cheddar rice cakes
Dinner: Shrimp tempora maki roll, 3 pork gyoza
Drink: Sobe yumberry pomegranate Life Water, 2 glasses of water

           Not the best of days, but it was a start. According to my calorie counter I have eaten 1,200 calories today...not too bad. Not waking up until 11 and then not eating until 12 did not help but I have to work with what I have. I know I need to work on drinking more water. I plan on eating a high protein diet because I do plan on going to the gym 5-6 days a week once I get into the habit of things. This week happens to be a crappy week to start this journey because of being away from home and my family is coming to celebrate my graduation from the graduate program at Wentworth Institute of Technology(I see a good meal in my future). I am hoping that by next Monday I will be able to hit the gym regularly for some cardio and weight training!

No comments:

Post a Comment